Dear Parent or Carer
Please see email from Ben Dickinson Executive Producer, City of dreams Newcastle Gateshead cultural venues:
I am delighted to announce the first ever Twilight Shows, taking place on 18th and 19th May in Newcastle and Gateshead.
This is a direct response to nearly 1000 children and young people telling us that they wanted more content in cultural venues between 4 and 7pm on an evening.
Seven venues have made special arrangements to open their doors earlier than usual, with a diverse and fantastic range of free activities, screenings, workshops and events.
This will be especially interesting to 12-17 year olds, who are often unable to attend things that finish or close in the afternoon, and can’t usually come out for later offers.
It really is open to everyone, and we really are keen to have you take part. There are chances for younger teenagers to go to places they may never have been before.
some highlights include:
· A showing of Love, Simon at Tyneside Cinema at 4pm on 18th May – free for all under 18s
· Knock-your-socks-off punk and spoken word at Alphabetti Theatre, from 5pm on 19th May – free for all
· Dance is the Word! Grease dance-along at Dance City, from 5pm on 19th May – completely free
· Make abstract art bags and badges in the Art Studio at The Laing, 4pm-7pm on 19th May – free to all
· Open Heart Theater improvisation workshops at Space Six, 5-6.30pm on 19th May – completely free
You can see the full line up here https://thelateshows.org.uk/news/new-the-twilight-shows/17
Some of these have limited spaces, so you’re advised to follow the link above and look for booking arrangements as soon as you can.
Executive Producer, City of Dreams
NewcastleGateshead Cultural Venues