- Attention deficit disorder (ADD)
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
Autistic spectrum disorders (ASD) including Asperger’s syndrome and autism, anxiety disorder
Support provided at GCMS:
Support provided at Gosforth Central Middle School
- We use visual timetables according to need.
- We offer support and supervision at unstructured times of the day.
- We offer social skills programmes / support including strategies to enhance self-esteem and reduce anxiety e.g. ‘Friends for Life’ Programme, social stories.
- We offer small group targeted intervention programmes to improve skills in a variety of areas including independent life skills.
- Resources to reduce anxiety and promote emotional wellbeing e.g. fiddle toy, stress ball.
- Use of ICT where possible to reduce barriers to learning.
- We use strategies and follow programmes of work provided by outside specialists such as speech and language therapists to support speech, language and communication development.