Useful Tips for Drama at home
- When researching a homework task, watch clips and read extracts with your child to help them
- Encourage your child to join a Drama club or take part in an annual production to develop basic drama skils and improve confidence
- Go to the theatre – Northern Stage offer reduced rates for families and smaller theatres like the Whitley Bay playhouse have good deals on tickets. the RSC also perform shorter versions of Shakespeare’s works with reduced rates for children,
- Reading and Listening to stories helps pupils imaginations, This is essential when creating plots, characters and themes.
- Encourage children to start big drama projects early
Useful Books and Revision Guides
- Shorter Shakespeare plays (Orchard Books) are useful as they are used across the school
- Playscripts can be a fun alternative to story books and lots of popular childrens books are now available in play form, including some of Roald Dahl’s works.